Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Link to the Past as 3D Classic

What a day on Hyrule Blog...! I think this is a record, I've never made so many posts on a single day, today I posted as much as I would normally post in a month. But there has been a lot of news lately and another one is the following:

Miyamoto mentions a possible remake of A Link to the Past for the 3DS. A quote from Edge Magazine:

With an Ocarina Of Time remake on the way in June, Miyamoto says the one game he would most like to see remade for 3DS would be another Zelda classic. “I think A Link To The Past,” he says. “Do you remember Xevious? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see Link To The Past in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”



Okay, and while you're at it, add Ancient Stone Tablets as a 2nd Quest and Four Swords with online multiplayer. Thank you. Or just let GREZZO do the job, they'll probably come up with ideas like that on their own.

Well, the Nintendo 3DS will offer "3D Classics" as a feature in their eShop and I already speculated that they will release a 3D layered version of the classic The Legend of Zelda for the 25th Anniversary on that platform. It could be, that A Link to the Past could get the same treatment. If that's the case, it would be nothing new, just an added 3D effect and probably better visuals. Features like the return of Ancient Stone Tablets or an online version of Four Swords is just something we can only dream of. But it would be an option.

Source: Edge (via Zelda Universe)

No comments: