Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ocarina of Time 3D Ocarina Use, 2nd Quest and Stone of Agony


Check out this hands-on report from GameXplain. At first the talk only about the updated graphics, blah blah blah, but then they drop some interesting details.

At first there's the Ocarina, which isn't a normal item, which has to be assigned to a button, anymore. Instead it always uses the touchscreen button in the lower left corner (seen that on screenshots). The nice addition is, while playing the Ocarina the touchscreen displays your song list. That's handy. When I haven't played Ocarina of Time (or Majora's Mask) for a while I usually have the problem, that I don't remember how the songs went. Then I have to stop playing, open the menu, look up the song, try to remember it, return ingame and then finally play it or look it up again. But not anymoooore, yay. Well, I guess that's just one of the many benefits of having two screens. Like the boot swapping and so on.

The Stone of Agony is still in the game. But instead of using rumble, it tells you the location of hidden secrets with sounds. I'm actually quite interested in this, because I never used the Stone of Agony before. I didn't have the Rumble Pack for the Nintendo 64 (it was huuuuge), I turned off the Rumble in the GameCube version (because it created some lack and back then I didn't like rumble effects) and the Virtual Console didn't support it. So, I don't really know, when the Stony of Agony tells you anything. But I guess it's good for the secret grottos (especially the ones that are opened with the Song of Storms - how can you tell?) ...

Last but not least, Master Quest is unlocked by beating the game once, like the 2nd Quest in Zelda I. That's cool, I wonder if you can also start a Master Quest by using ZELDA as your name. That would be a nice touch. However, how GameXplain can call this a "minor addition" beats me, Master Quest rocks.

Besides all the known updates everything in the game itself, sounds and music are identical to the original. So, GameXplain calls this actually a "remastered version" and not a remake. Thank you! But again no infos about any new content.

Source: GameXplain (via Zelda Informer)

No comments: