Thursday, September 29, 2011

Skyward Sword Overload



Kotaku, IGN, NGamer, GameInformer, name them... right now it seems like everyone got some new exclusive coverage of Skyward Sword. And the more gets shown, the less I want to see. I'm very excited about this game, but I don't want to get spoiled. Right now you can watch the entire intro sequence and read impressions of the game's first hours. And I don't want to do that. I want to experience this for myself. I want the game to surprise me as much as possible. I want to explore Skyloft on my own and not watch some IGN guru doing the job for me. So, this is it, from now on I will keep my Skyward Sword input to a minimum. I will try to catch some interesting stuff here and there, but that's it. And after all this is a blog and not a news site, there are tons of Zelda news sites out there, no need for another one.

But let's take a look at some stuff. IGN released three new trailers. The second one is really interesting, because it fully supports my recent article about how adorable the new Zelda is and that she is someone, who you really want to save. In this trailer it looks like she's actually you're big love interest in this game. Before she gets abducted, you get to spend some time with her and you get really close to her. And she's very lovely... well, Nintendo uses the "princess gets abducted" scenario very often in their games, but this might be the first time, that you as the player develop a real motivation to save the princess. And I'm looking forward to this.

And according to NGamer this is the toughest Zelda game yet. Maybe NGamer never played Zelda II, but who knows...? They also reported that you can get cornered by four Stalfos at once. Sounds thrilling. I'm looking forward to some good challenge.

And the sword tutorial is very similar to the one in Majora's Mask, there's a sword dojo and lots of logs.

No comments: