Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ocarina of Time 3D: Horseback Archery 2000 Points

Yesterday I dug up Ocarina of Time 3D to refresh my memories about the remake. It's nearly two years ago that I have played this, time flies by so fast. One thing for sure is that it plays a lot slower that the original version, it feels like Link is constantly moving in slow motion. It's weird.

Well, in the past I always went for the 2000 points highscore in the Horseback Archery minigame at the Gerudo Fortress, which requires some practice. So I decided to get the highscore on the 3DS version as well, both in the normal quest and Master Quest. I hated the aiming with the analog stick, but the gyroscope aiming works really well. So well that I can rack up 1300 points even before making the turn. And I'm looking forward to playing The Wind Waker HD with gyroscope aiming on the Wii U GamePad.

The gyroscope stuff, which Nintendo did, really adds to console gaming. As a PC gamer I'm used to mouse aiming and using analog sticks to aim is just a pain. Of course the gyroscope is not as precise as a mouse, but it's a lot easier to aim with it. And this is one more good reason to have Majora's Mask 3D. Especially Clock Town Shooting Gallery can be a pain in the ass and the gyroscope might be a big help.

A big problem though was switching to Master Quest 3D. It's not that only the enviroments are mirrorred, the bow is as well. And my aiming was completely off because of that...

1 comment:

K2L said...

I was only able to do 1700 points at most in that minigame. O_o

You're really good.