Friday, December 8, 2017

Breath of the Wild EX Log, Entry 7


Tourok 2 - Seeds of Korok


This is just a small update on my Korok hunt, which has been going on for the last two weeks, before we jump into the newest DLC. Since my last post I only found 15 more Koroks, which is slightly demotivating.

Part of the problem was probably that I kept wandering from where I left off last time, at the Oseira Plains. This brought me to areas, where I've already been exploring with the Korok Mask and I didn't find new Koroks for several hours, even though I kept aiming at gaps in my Hero's Path history.


Also, there are so many places in the game where something could have been hidden... I often climb a hill or investigate a small forest in anticipation of a new Korok only to find nothing at all. It makes me feel like the game could have used 100 additional Koroks, easily.

So, I didn't find any new Koroks in a long time, where my motivation to play went down quite a bit... But the breakthrough then finally came by changing my strategy. I would study the map and look for suspicious spots, then teleport there to investigate. And my first stop was a lava pool at the southwest area of Death Mountain, where in fact a little Korok waited for me.


And because I haven't explored Death Mountain with the Korok Mask yet, I found a lot more in the area, especially around the Maw of Death Mountain...


So, this was a successful haul and I will continue using this strategy to look for the remaining 70 Koroks. But for now I will focus on the new DLC contents that have been released today.


Current Progress:
  • Koroks: 830/900
  • Map Rate: 92.90% (This got actually reduced due to the DLC)

No comments: