Sunday, April 16, 2017

Breath of the Wild Adventure Log, Entry 27


Far Sighted

Currently I'm on the lookout for my final four Sheikah Shrines and I found the first one right away. I was on my way to the Akkala Citadel Ruins, when I spotted the Sah Dahaj Shrine from atop the Akkala Span bridge. Thing is that I probably had spotted this shrine multiple times before in the game, but didn't bother to go there ealier, because I thought that it would be easy to find somewhere around Akkala or the east side of the Death Mountain. But in reality it's in a nook, where you can only see it from the right angle. And when I explored the Death Mountain area above it, I was distracted with other stuff...

It does contain the "Power of Fire", another puzzle where for some reason the shrine has a lot of leaves growing everywhere. It's seem a little odd to have these leaves in this ancient technology construct, but whatever...

Afterwards I took my time to fully explore the Akkala Citadel Ruins, now that Ancient Arrows are cheap to get and the Guardian Skywatchers aren't the biggest threat anymore. But all I found were some more Koroks. I also returned to the Ordorac Quarry to see, if you can find anything in the "maze" guarded by Skywatchers, but there wasn't anything. So, this "maze" really is completely pointless, because you can simply go around to reach the Spring of Power or any Koroks around the area.

And then I was at a loss again... Where to look? I'm very close to give in and just use the Sheikah Sensor to find the last three shrines. But that almost feels like using a guide and I don't want that. On the other hand I'm still short ten Hinoxes and ten Talus. And those guys take space.


Even though I've been everywhere, truth is that there are still nooks, hills and places that I haven't explored yet, where I probably should have been more systematic, instead of running all over the places. At least I kept marking the positions of defeated Hinox with a skull symbol and the positions of defeated Talus with an ore symbol on my map. This way it's easier for me to identify places that are still untouched.


Ghost Chests

Other than looking for the last shrines, I'm busy following the Sheikah Sensor+, which is targeting treasure chests. That takes the most of my game time currently, because depending on the area there can be lots. Akkala seems to be an extreme example, where there don't seem to be many chests around. The ocean and the Lake Floria area on the other hand have so many sunken chests, you might as well be playing the Wind Waker.


But it's really satisfying, when the sensor suddenly starts being silent and you have found all the chests around the area. Unless of course the sensor targets a glitched chest, which it does in several locations. So far I found these:

  • The Woodcutter's Hut at the Great Plateau. This happens, when you get the Warm Doublet directly from the Old Man. Otherwise there would be a chest in house with this item, where the game now keeps targeting a chest that you can't get.
  • East of Aris Beach there is a chest stuck underwater.
  • The chest game in Lurelin Village.
  • In Hateno Village between the Dye Shop and the Inn the sensor goes off, but there's nothing to be found.
  • At the waterfall leading from Rassia Lake to Lake Floria the sensor also goes off, but there's nothing to be found.

I thought that the last two were just me being too blind to find them, but apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, if you look at this topic on GameFAQs about these chests (yes, I was so annoyed that I actually looked it up).


amiibo Luck

... or lack thereof. I have to say that I'm not too happy about this whole amiibo thing. I like scanning them on a daily basis to get stuff, but I don't like receiving the same Royal Shields, Royal Bows and whatever over and over again. So, I'm more and more using the save scam trick to get what I want, even if it takes several tries. But at least I finally got my first Biggoron's Sword and my first Hero's Shield today, as well as another Bow of Twilight.


The gigantic sheath for the Biggoron's Sword looks odd, though. They just should have used the one from Ocarina of Time 3D.

Now with all these rare items this is, how my current house decoration looks like:


The Ancient Bladesaw on the wall is the best, because it actually keeps spinning and gives off blue sparks while doing so. In general I like using gear that glows for the displays, where the Sword of the Sages and the Bow of Twilight were good matches.

I also stopped selling the duplicate amiibo armor pieces, where I have this weird random number generation phenomenon of getting trousers most of the time:


But it's good to know that the armor menu can have at least five pages. With the upcoming Link amiibo for Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword (which have been officially announced in this week's Nintendo Direct by the way) and any potential DLC outfits I was worried that there might not be enough space for everything. Now I only need the amiibo to give me Star Fragments to upgrade it all...

But I've learned that Silver Lynels also might drop Star Fragments occasionally. It's probably as rare, but it's helping.


Current Progress:
  • Main Quests: 15/15
  • Side Quests: 72/76
  • Shrine Quests: 41/42
  • Shrines: 117/120
  • Koroks: 528/900
  • Talus: 30/40
  • Hinox: 30/40
  • Molduga: 4/4
  • Map Rate: 68.56%

No comments: