Sunday, July 23, 2017

Breath of the Wild: Medal of Honor Glitch in Master Mode

Looks like Master Mode has caused yet another significant glitch in the game. After overwriting your pictures in Normal Mode, it seems that now you won't even be able to complete the game in Master Mode at all, because you can't get all three Medals of Honor.


Getting these won't be possible in Master Mode right now!

It appears that in Master Mode, Kilton still checks for the enemies that used to be in Normal Mode. All the upgraded Taluses and Hinoxes won't count, so you can only get up to 19 Hinoxes and 18 Taluses respectively. The others are ignored and won't have a star next to their name, after they've reappeared on a Blood Moon.

This glitch will probably be fixed with the next update, but I doubt that Nintendo will release an update just for this. They only do this for critical stuff and new amiibo, so as long as there's a second DLC incoming, they might wait with patching any smaller issues in the update for the "Champions' Ballad" DLC Pack. Or they might never get fixed at all, since the first update also didn't fix any existing glitches like the unobtainable chests...

For me it makes me even more hesitant to start Master Mode any time soon. I'm currently quite busy with (re)playing various Metroid games and in Breath of the Wild I'm still collecting the rest of the Koroks in Normal Mode, which will take its time, because I don't have much motivation for that either.


Sources:
Reddit
GameFAQs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Er.. is that spoiler actually true? I thought that rumor was debunked a while ago.

TourianTourist said...

Yeah, sorry, this was a hoax and I didn't look into it any further, because I didn't want to be spoiled any further. Too bad, though, because it sounded like a cool idea. In general they could have done so much more with Master Mode...

Well, I removed the "spoiler" from the article.