Friday, September 15, 2017

Metroid amiibo unlocks new Paint Jobs in Federation Force

... and in Blast Ball.

This might seem weird, but even though I got Samus Returns already, my first instinct was to try the new Metroid amiibo in Metroid Prime: Federation Force, which was still inserted into my Nintendo 3DS, after I had 100%ed the game earlier this week.

Dataminers had found at least one secret Metroid Paint Job a while ago, so I thought that the amiibo might unlock it - and it really does! There's one for Federation Force and one for Blast Ball.

Flying Life-Form (Federation Force):



This Paint Job lets you carry packs of five Repair Capsules instead of just one, which is the ideal Paint Job for anyone, who likes to specialize on healing.


Floating Parasite (Blast Ball):



Blast Ball Paint Jobs don't have any special abilities, but they're still nice to have. And before you ask, the new Samus amiibo just unlocks the same Paint Jobs as the one from the Super Smash Bros. series.

This is overall quite curious. For once it means that Nintendo had planned the Metroid amiibo over a year ago and secretly implemented its support into Federation Force at the time. But then they seem to have forgotten about it...! They could have advertised this, but they didn't. Not even the packaging of the amiibo mentions this special usage. This hasn't even made it on the typical Nintendo news sites yet...

Or maybe it's just that no one cares. This really shows, how dead the game is, but Nintendo could have used this to draw some attention towards Federation Force, which these days might not get as much hate as it did one year ago, when the franchise didn't offer anything else.

1 comment:

MissAmiiboHuntress said...

Hi, thanks for the information I actually thought they were only useful for samus returns, I guess I need to read up on this. I couldn't actually find any amiibos in the store which was a real bummer. So I went out and bought some amiibo cards they worked just as good. Until I managed to score some amiibo from the shops.