Monday, January 29, 2018

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Got All Medals

After all this time I've finally completed Hyrule Warriors - Legends on the Nintendo 3DS by getting all Medals. Well, I did the majority of tasks back in 2015, when the game and its DLC was released. The biggest task was getting A-ranks in the entirety of Adventure Mode, which took hundreds of hours. Afterwards I only had three Medals open:

  • The Real Deal
  • Circle of Friends
  • Hero of Hyrule

The last one was gotten automatically from getting all other medals. For the "Circle of Friends" you need to trade Rental Skills in the My Fairy feature for a total of 50 times, which might be the most troublesome one, if you can't find anyone with the game, since you have to do this locally. I got this one last year in August at a Zelda fan meeting, where one participant was nice enough to bring the game with him to help me with this. Took about 20 minutes to do the 50 trades.

So, the final task for me was completing Legend Mode on "Hero" difficulty for "The Real Deal" Medal. I saved this one for last, because originally I had the ambition to level all 29 characters to MAX, as well as create at least one "perfect" weapon for everyone. Those would be level 4+ weapons or level 4 for DLC characters, have five stars and eight slots, filled with "good" weapon skills, including Legendary (not really useful, but the max damage makes the weapon look more complete), Heart Power and two fitting AUG skills...

Well, so far I only did this for my three favorite ingame ladies:


With the Hyrule Warriors - Definitive Edition on the horizon, I'm not really willing to do this for everyone anymore, since I would have to start over anyway, if I ever get the new version. So, I simply decided to take the three 255 level beauties and complete Hero Mode with them. I also had some other characters with perfect weapons and level above 200, including Marin and Toon Zelda, who joined the task occasionally as well. But I mostly used Cia, Twili Midna and Zelda.

And my motivation was still quite low. After the announcement of the Definitive Edition I wanted to be done with this, but I had to drag myself through the entirety of Legend Mode and its 32 scenarios one more time, which wasn't as much fun as it used to be. I've spent over 700 hours on both versions of the game and I'm probably burnt-out on it...

Now, to truly complete the game for 100%, I also would have to level every character to 255/MAX, which takes a small eternity. Since now I'm done with "Hero Mode", it would be a lot of grinding for nothing. And with the Hyrule Warriors - Definitive Edition in sight, it's even a less appealing task, because the 3DS version just looks so much more inferior now. So, I probably just settle for having all Medals.

With the Wii U version I most likely won't even go that far. I've completed Legend Mode on "Hero" difficulty there already, but I still need to A-rank the Cucco's Fury Mode, which would result in by far the most painful grinding in the entire game. If I ever do this, it would be in the Definitive Edition, where they hopefully will tone down the grinding somewhat.

No comments: