Monday, January 1, 2018

Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love Translated


Happy New Year!

If you're looking for something weird and crazy to start the year, how about playing one of the Tingle games? Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, specifically, because the guys over at the Tingle Translation Project have finally released their first translation patch for the game. The project started exactly five years ago, in January 2013, and they certainly put a lot of effort into it.

I did play Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland back in the day and enjoyed it for what it was, but its sequel never made it to Europe and therefore never officially was translated into English (or other languages). Also, North America never even got any of the Tingle games and probably for good reasons.

Still, I tried to play Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love a couple of years ago, in early 2012, but I didn't get far. Unlike its predecessor it doesn't really follow the Action Adventure formula of the Zelda series, it's more like a Point'n'Click Adventure. And I didn't get far due to the language barrier, because I had no clue what was going on. But with the patch available I might give it another try soon. Could be fun. Could be the most horrible game that I've ever played. Let's see.

If you're part of the .000001% of the Zelda community, which doesn't actually hate Tingle, check it out!

No comments: